Natural herbs are proved panacea for all hair problems such as baldness, thinning of hair, hair-fall, dandruff, hair graying etc. People all over the world see the hair as an important part of our body. Different people have hair that differs in Colour, Length, Diameter and its distribution on the body.
Three types of hair grow on the human body :
Home made Conditioner:
- Lanugo Hair - Develops on an unborn baby. It begins to grow about three months after the baby’s conception. Normally, they are shed about four weeks before the baby is due to be born.
- Vellus Hair - They are short hair, only a centimeter or two, long and contain little or no pigment.
- Terminal Hairs - They are long hairs that grow on the head and in many people on the body, arms and legs too. They are produced by follicles with sebaceous glands.
- 2 table spoon of castor oil is mixed one table spoon of vinegar and one tea spoon of glycerin with one yellow of an egg. Cares fully mix all the mixture and apply it on the scalp. Rinse it off after half an hour.
- Comb your hair regularly to increases the blood circulation and massage scalp regularly to increase oil secretion.
- Use natural shampoo or soap to clean the hair.
- Use amla (Embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) for washing the hair.
- Enhance oiling and massaging of scalp and leave for an hour before hair wash.
- Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week.
- Use medicated oils like 'Amala oil' on the scalp and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- Maintain a regular bowel movement everyday.
- Rinsing of hairs with Aloe vera gel mixed with the fresh lime juice is a good remedy.
- Apply carrot puree for about 15 minutes to half an hour and then rinse of the hairs.
- To use mehendi paste as a conditioner. Oiling your hair before applying mehendi paste and leave it on only for an hour . Do not shampoo your hair after applying mehendi.
- If you want a bronze effect, add coffee powder to mehendi. You can also add oil to the mehendi paste.
- Use coconut milk during your shower, it will leave your hair moisturized and smelling like coconut.
- The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
- Do regular physical exercise.
- A special Ayurvedic preparation made from Bhringraj (Eclipta elba), Amala, corals, iron and black sesame seeds is very useful and even stops the graying of hair.
- Hibiscus petals act as a natural, emollient hair conditioner. The powder of Hibiscus petals can be used in Ayurvedic hair washes.
- Applying overnight soaked fenugreek seed on hairs and leave it for one hour. Rinse of the hairs and then shampoo them with mild shampoo.
- Wash hair frequently with a mixture of 3-4 tbsp Bengal gram flour mixed with 1 cup curd to develop long and lustrous hair.
- To stop falling hair, mix lemon juice, onion juice and ginger juice in equal quantity and then massage gently in the hair.
- To give hair extra shine, when washing hair add to final rinse 1 or 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Oil your hair at least twice in a week. Hair oil gives the necessary nourishment along with the moisturizers to your hair.
- Dry Peels of lemon and oranges will maintain soft and silky hair and also removes dandruff from the scalp.
- A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is good to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of alfalfa mixed with that of carrot, and lettuce juice is also good to take.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime- juice on the hair is also beneficial. Applying juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also good.
- Washing the hair with a paste of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2-3 times a week.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied in the bald patches. It induces hair growth. A paste of seeds of lemon and black pepper may also be applied on the bald patches.
- Cure for baldness, mix coconut , mustard and castor oil in equal quantities. Apply this on the scalp and massage gently at night once or twice a week. Leave overnight and wash in the morning with a mild shampoo. This is a very nutritious combination and is effective in the prevention of hair fall and growth of new hair.