Baby's young skin is the most sensitive of all and deserves the best natural care. Your baby depends on you completely to meet his physical needs. You will probably have questions about how to recognize and meet those needs, now and in the future.
- Common cold
- Diarrhoea and Dysentery
- Skin Disease
- Chicken pox/laghu masurika
Home remedies for Baby's Common cold
Home remedies for Baby's Fever
- Take one glass of warm water and add some limejuice and a tsp of honey in it and consume it once or twice on a daily basis. Lemon is good for a cold as it increases body resistance.
- Take 3-4 tsp onion juice and 3-4 tsp honey and mix well before consuming.
- Chewing Tulsi(Ocimum sanctum) leaves relieves cold and flu.
- Chewing Amla (Emblica officinalis) is good for colds, because Amla contains the highest amount of Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid).
- Take a tbsp of carom seeds (ajwain), crush and tie them properly in a muslin cloth. Inhale in case of nose blockage.
- Garlic is good for colds. Boil three to four cloves of garlic in a cup of water and drink it like soup once daily.
- Warm a small bowl of mustard oil and add four five cloves of chopped garlic to it. Put it on your baby's nose, chest and back. It is best to put this before going to bed.
- Give your child one teaspoon of syrup (half onion juice and half honey) every few hours or as needed for relief of frequent coughing.
- A baby older than 2 can be given one half cup of herbal tea, up to 4 times a day.
- If your baby is older than 9 months, you can make a batch of chicken soup with garlic, and serve it to your baby.
- For babies younger, can be given ginger tea. Boil the water with ginger and then add tea leaves. Ginger tea can help with a fever. It's also great for stomachaches. You can also add clove(lobongo) with ginger.
Home remedies for Baby's Diarrhoea and Dysentery
- Carrot soup is a effective home remedy for diarrhoea.
- Grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
- Drinka mixture of 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1/4 tsp pepper powder.
- Mash a ripe banana. Mix with 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder. Take twice a day.
- Mash a ripe bel(Aegle marmelos). Mix with 1 tsp of tamarind pulp and a pinch of salt. Take twice a day.
- For baby Buttermilk is one of the most effective home remedies in the treatment of diarrhoea.
Home remedies for Baby's Vomiting
Home remedies for Baby's Skin Disease
- Boil a cup of water and mix 1 tsp of cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick. Add 1 tbs of honey for sweeting. Let it cool and drink.
- Lime juice is an effective remedy for vomiting.
- Slowly drink tulsi, catnip water to help soothe an upset stomach.
- Take 1 tsp of onion juice every two hours.
- Take frequently a mixture of 1 tsp mint juice with 1 tsp lime juice and 1/2 tsp ginger juice along with a tsp honey.
- Drink a glass of chilled lime juice slowly and this will help your stomach to prevent more vomiting.
- In the mixture of 1 tsp of mint juice and 1 tsp limejuice, add ½ tsp of ginger juice and 1 tsp honey. Drink this mixture to prevent vomiting.
- Put a little piece of lemon with little rock salt added to it.
- Put some cloves into your younger baby's mouth. Also put cinnamon or cardamom instead of cloves. These spices serve the duty of anti-vomiting drugs.
Home remedies for Baby's Chicken pox/laghu masurika
- The combination of a teaspoon of sandalwood paste and equal amount of camphor can be very useful in treating eczema.
- Apply the coconut oil to the affected area for a quick relief from the itching.
- Drinking tomato juice ,a combination of spinach and carrot juice.
- Extract juice of one lemon and mix with equal quantity of rose water. Apply this mixture on the skin allergies and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash them with fresh water.
- Boil neem leaves in the hot water used for baby's bath. Boiled water with neem leaves heals many skin diseases.
- Apply neem oil to the Itching affected area, or make a fresh paste of some neem leaves and apply externally.
Home remedies for Baby's Asthma
- Carrots are concocted into a soup with dhania (coriander). Drinking this soup lessens the irritation of the blisters.
- Water in which green peas have been soaked is effective in reducing the itchy sensation of the laghu masurika blisters.
- For chicken pox/laghu masurika and measles, neem requires a special mention. Boil the bark of neem tree in water. Regular bath with this warm water, its can cure chicken pox/laghu masurika and measles.
- Dry the affected area and apply neem oil or a fresh paste of neem leaves to remove spot.
Home remedies for Baby's Ringworm
- Boil 8-10 cloves of garlic in ½ cup of milk and consume it during nighttime.
- In 1 cup of water soak 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds overnight. Strain. Add 1 tsp of ginger juice and 1 tsp of honey to this. It has to be consumed twice during morning as well as evening.
- Ten cloves of garlic should be boiled in 30 ml of milk. Take this mixture once daily.
- Take a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mix it with a cup of fenugreek decoction and honey to taste. This mixture acts as an excellent expectorant in the treatment of asthma.
- Blend radish, honey and lemon juice together in a blender. Mix for 20 minutes and cook in small pan on less heat. Take one teaspoon of it in the morning daily.
- A soup prepared from drumstick leaves, and taken once daily.
- A teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of milk, Take two or three times daily.
- A teaspoon of the root(the bitter gourd plant) paste, mixed with an equal amount of honey or juice of the holy tulsi.It should be taken once every night for a month.
- Five grams of amla mixed with one tablespoon of honey, forms an effective medicinal expectorant and tonic for the treatment of this disease. It should be taken every morning. When fresh fruit is not available, dry amla powder can be used, mixed with honey.
- Soak dry grapes in water at night and keep in cold milk for half an hour and chew them.
- During the attack, mustard oil mixed with little camphor should be massaged over the chest.
- Make a paste of powdered mustard seeds in water. Apply this paste over the infected skin and allow it to dry. Do this at least 3-4 times a day.
- Take few seeds of Palaash and grind it in fine powder. Add little water to it and make a paste, apply this paste over the infected skin. Do this at least for 3-4 times a day till the infection is completely cured.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in water and apply it over the entire infected skin.
- Take a piece of raw papaya and rub it gently over the infected area. Do this 3-4 times a day.
- Take a lime and cut into two pieces. Take a piece and spread common salt over its inner portion. Then apply it over the infected area, slowly and then apply little force and try to scrub the infected skin. After that wash it off with water and dry it with clean.
- Make paste of green bay leaves adding water to it and apply over the infected area.