Honey is a most assimilable carbohydrate compound. It is composed of sugars like glucose and fructose and minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate. It contains vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3 all of which change according to the qualities of the nectar and pollen. Besides the above, copper, iodine, and zinc exist in it in small quantities. Several kinds of hormones are also present in it.
The benefits of honey in the disposal of several diseases: heart, diabetes, kidney and other diseases. Scientists of today also accept honey as a very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine. It can be used as an antioxidant, has antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties, boosts athletic performance.
Benefits of Honey
- EASILY DIGESTED: Honey is easily digested by the most sensitive stomachs, despite its high acid content.
- CANCER: It plays a big role in the prevention of cancer as well as heart disease.
- LOW CALORIE LEVEL: Honey gives great energy to the body, it does not add weight. Honey contains nutraceuticals, which are effective in removing free radicals from our body. As a result, our body immunity is improved.
- FOR SKIN: Honey may be good for our skin, because it has the ability to attract water. We can use honey instead of alpha hydroxy masks because if its high content of the acid. Honey mixed with ground almonds makes an excellent facial cleansing scrub.
- FOR HAIR: To use Honey as a conditioner for our hair, mix the honey with olive oil.
- ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
- CARDIAC AILMENTS: It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Regular use also relieves breathlessness and strengthens heartbeats.
- INSECT BITES: Take one part honey to two parts of lukewarm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly. It is noticed that the pain recedes within a minute or two.
- COLDS: Honey cure most chronic cough, cold and clear congested chest. Take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. Or, mix 2 teaspoons of honey with an equal quantity of ginger juice and consume frequently.
- DIABETES: Indian blackberry (Eugenia jambolana) seeds or Jamun (Syzygium cumini L) seed powder is very good for diabetes. Take 1/4th teaspoon with 1 teasoon honey for 50 days.
- GAS: Honey is revealed of gas that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder.
- Honey also helps in promoting moist wound healing.
- FOOD PRESERVATIVE: Honey is good food preservative. While baking cakes by replacing sugar with honey, they will stay fresher longer due to natural antibiotics as honey retains moisture.