Aloe Vera is a cactus-like plant growing in the warmer climates of the world and are described as succulents. Aloe vera is a very popular herbal remedy. The Aloe vera plant (also called Aloe barbadensis) is unique among plants for its importance in natural skin care. The skin is the largest organ in the human body and it really takes a beating. Aloe Vera can help alleviate this beating. Aloe vera contains burn healing effects, anti-inflammatory properties, scar reducing properties and wounds.
Aloe vera pulp is the clear, thick substance inside of the Aloe vera leaf. (It is often called Aloe vera gel, but it is usually treated before it is used in cosmetics). Aloe vera juice is made by liquifying Aloe vera pulp. Aloe vera gel is made by adding a thickener such as irish moss to Aloe vera juice. Aloe vera oil is made by extracting oil-soluble portions of the Aloe vera plant into a light vegetable oil, such as safflower oil. Aloe vera juice, gel and oil can be used in cosmetics.
Aloe is used in many skin care products because of its ability to stimulate healthy cell growth and repair damaged tissues. Most people think of using Aloe only on their skin because that is all they know about.
Benefits of Aloe Vera to the Skin:
- Aloe vera is beneficial for cracked and dry skin.
- Aloe vera oil can be used on the dry skin to make the skin normal and shiny.
- Aloe Vera acts as a natural barrier and shields our skin from dangerous toxins.
- Aloe vera is helpful for frostbite, burns, insect bites, blisters and allergic reactions.
- All the Aloe vera products are used as a part of skin treatment regimen and keep the skin healthy.
- Aloe vera products contain the highest concentrations of healing agent which is beneficial for the skin.
- It makes the skin smooth and glowing.
- It relieves heat on the skin caused by sunburn.
- Aloe vera is used for treating various skin conditions such as eczema, burns, psoriasis, inflammations, wounds etc.
- It destroys bacteria that try to invade cuts or open wounds.
- It forms a protective barrier around achy and sore joints and muscles.
- It is an excellent skin moisturizer that keeps the skin flexible by giving oxygen to the cells which in turn increases the strength and synthesis of skin tissue.
- The products of Aloe vera are very popular among the customers due to the moisturizing properties which are best for the skin or skin disorders.
- Aloe vera improves the ability of the skin so that it can hydrate itself.
- It is helpful in removing dead skin cells and has the ability for effective penetration and transports healthy substances through the skin.
- It is beneficial for the cosmetic products such as make up, anti-wrinkle creams, facial masks, skin conditioners and lipsticks.
- Aloe vera is useful for preventing the aging of the skin. It nourishes the skin and tissues with body-loving nutrients such as vitamin E and C.
- Aloe vera gel is helpful in improving the lesions.
- It lightens dark spots on the face and reduces the intensity of pigmentation.
- It soothes itching and helps restore skin's natural beauty.
Note: Herbal products and dietary supplements can have pharmacological effects, may produce adverse reactions in some people, and could interact with over-the-counter and prescription medications you may take. Discuss with your physician your decision to use any herbal product.
Oats and Aloe Vera Exfoliant
- Ground oats – One tablespoon
- Ground almonds – One full tablespoon
- Honey – One tablespoon
- Aloe Vera gel – One tablespoon
- First of all, one should keep all the ingredients in a big bowl and gently mix them. Apply this mixture on the face and neck before performing toning and after cleansing.
- The person should apply this mixture by using his hands in circular motions. When the mixture gets dried, then one should rinse it off with lukewarm water. This mixture should be applied only after using facial mask.
Silky – Smooth Aloe Vera Skin Care Body Cream
- Lanolin – 1 full teaspoon
- Gel of aloe Vera – 1 full cup
- Coconut oil – 1/3 cup
- Almond oil – ¾ cup
- Beeswax – ¾ ounce
- Essential oil – 1 – ½ teaspoons
- Vitamin E lubricate – 1 full teaspoon
- First of all, aloe Vera gel, lanolin and vitamin E oil should be mixed by using a blender or a food processor. One should take a coconut oil and microwave beeswax in a large container and then heat it for about half a minute and then mix it with other ingredients.
- Then the mixture should be again heated for about ten seconds till the large pieces melts completely. Then this mixture should be mixed in almond oil and again heat it if needed. Then use a blender or processor for making it thin. After the mixing of oil, the cream turns into white color.
- Then mix the liquefied oils and if one obtains mayonnaise like constancy, then immediately discontinue the blender or food processor. Then pour the cream into the jars and one can notice that the lotion has become thick. Then apply this mixture on the face which gently absorbs by the skin without leaving any residue on the skin’s surface.
Aloe Vera Skin Toner
- First of all, a cotton ball should be soaked in an aloe Vera gel and then apply it on the face to eliminate excess oil and provides freshness to the skin. One can apply this after moisturizer and can use it daily.
- It is perfect for normal and oily skin. If one is having sensitive skin, then the gel should be divided into 50 – 50 ratio along with spring water. One can also apply aloe Vera juice.
Aloe Vera Face Mask for Soothing and Healing
- One drop of Rose essential oil
- Three tablespoons pure and certified organic aloe Vera sap
- One drop of Helycrisum essential oil
- All the ingredients should be mixed well and then apply it on the face and neck. Then leave this mixture for few minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Let it dry and then apply healing and soothing aromatic blend, which is prepared in a bottle filled with vegetable oil and then mix with one drop of Neroli oil and three drops of lavender oil. It is very helpful for sensitive and dry skin and can be used after taking sunbath.
Exfoliating Foot Mask
- Half cup of oatmeal
- Half cup of cornmeal
- Four tablespoons of aloe Vera gel
- Half cup of unscented body lotion
- Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and then mix them properly. Apply this paste on the feet and rub, beginning from the toes to ankle and then cure it.