Dry skin has no permanent cure but the skin can be softened and made smoother by using a few remedies. When Winter comes, dry skin comes along with it. Since there's less humidity is the air, our skin gets so uncomfortable and itchy. This dry air can then lead to general discomfort associated with cracked, peeling skin and chapped lips. Besides using a rich moisturizer, turning down the heat, and using a humidifier, eating these foods can also help improve dry skin. A diet consisting of a lot of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin E can be taken for an inner glow in the skin. Leafy vegetables help the most in replenishing the moisture in the skin. The water intake needs to increase a lot to help the body have the required amount of fluids. Fruit juices are also considered to be very helpful in softening the skin. Certain remedies can be used to soften the dry skin right at home. Oysters, crab, beef, and beans that contain zinc . Zinc helps heal wounds. Garlic, onions rich in sulfur. They help to keep your skin smooth. Eating more foods rich in high-quality oils such as Omega-3 (like salmon) can help improve winter skin. In addition, flaxseed oil and Vitamin E supplements may help combat dryness.
Causes of dry skin
Home Remedies for Dry Skin: In order to counter the problem of dry skin associated with winter weather, follow these simple, self-care measures to prevent or reduce the consequences of dry air.
- Environmental factors like less humidity, cold, use of excess make-up, sun exposure, use of harsh soaps and pollution
- Nutrient deficiencies - deficiency of vitamin E, A and B cause dry skin
- Skin problems like eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Less supply of oil by the oil glands to the skin
Note: Alcohol and caffeine should be avoided
- Massage the face with almond oil or olive oil every night before going to bed.
- Massaging the skin with grapeseed oil. In severe cases of dry skin castor oil or avocado oil is highly beneficial.
- Prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice.
- Apply this well prepared mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before taking bath.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
- For dry and chapped lips the best home remedy for dry skin is to massage lips with a little cream of milk by adding few drops each of rose water and lime juice every night before going to bed.
- After bathing applying Aloe Vera gel is also effective.
- Mash half an avocado and mix it with a few drops of fresh lime juice and spread this paste over the cleansed skin. Stay it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash the skin alternately both with cold and warm water.
- Mix 2-5 tablespoons of raw peanuts with milk and make a fine paste. Add ¼ teaspoon of honey to this paste. Apply this paste on face. Leave this paste to dry.Then wash with cold water.
- Before bathing add 5-6 drops of oat extract or lavender oil to the bathtub.
- Make a mixture of cooked oatmeal and honey for moisturizing and cleaning the face.
- Fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin A and B should be included in the diet.