Dry skin is tightly drawn over bones. It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. There may be tiny expression lines on these spots and at the comers of the mouth. If your face skin is dry, try not to wash it with tap water since it often contains chlorine, fluoride, and other undesirable chemicals. Instead, use cold mineral water or, better, clean your face with home made peaste, made of natural ingredients. Every morning after showering, pat your entire body with virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, or shea butter. They contain naturally occurring nourishing ingredients, such as essential oils, skin-friendly Vitamins A, C, D and E, and protein.
- Add 1/2 tsp of rose water to 1 tsp of honey and gently apply to the face. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes, then wash off. Honey moisturises and soothes dry skin, and is gentle enough for daily use.
- Make a puree of 1 banana and 1 papaya, peach or avocado. Apply to skin. Leave on for at least 20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- Massaging you face regularly with almond oil or olive oil works wonders for dry skin.
- Mash half an avocado and mix with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and spread over the cleansed skin. Leave on for 10-20 minutes, then dab off the excess with a soft tissue. It will nourish the skin and make it smooth.
- Take 1/4 of an apple. Peel off the skin and grate. Cool in the refrigerator. Apply it on the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Apple helps soothe dry skin and gives it a pleasant glow.
- Grated cucumber can be applied all over the face. The juice of cucumber is good for the skin around the eyes too. Helps to tighten the skin and has a cooling and refreshing effect.
- Mix the egg yolk with 1 tsp of honey, and stir the mixture until smooth and gently apply to the face. Leave on for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. It will also moisturize your dry skin.